- Special high-quality multi-grade oil is put in at the factory. Always use suitable high-quality oil when topping up or changing the engine oil.
Checking the oil level
- Oil levels must be checked at regular intervals, preferably when filling the tank and before a long journey.
- The vehicle must be on a level surface when checking the oil level.
- Pull the dipstick out, wipe with a clean cloth and re-insert.
- Pull the dipstick out again and check the oil level using the markings on the dipstick as an indicator:
- Oil must be topped up if it is reflected at the lowest level on the dipstick.
- Oil can also be topped up if it is reflected at the mid-level on the dipstick.
- Never let the oil level exceed the highest marking on the dipstick.
Topping up the engine oil
- Unscrew the cap from oil filler opening in the cylinder head cover and pour oil in.
- 500ml at a time.
- Check the level in relation with the dipstick after every 500ml poured.
- Do not spill oil onto hot engine components, as this poses a fire hazard.
- Carefully close the filler cap and push the oil dipstick in as far as possible.